Deaconess are women who have the following qualifications: confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, answered the call of God to server as Deaconess, have under gone practical and biblical training, demonstrated to be spiritually mature, and have been certified by the Pastor as Deaconess locally.
Deaconesses are women who have the following qualifications:
- confessed Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior
- answered the call of God to serve as Deaconess
- have under gone practical and biblical training,
- demonstrated to be spiritually mature.
- have been appointed by the Pastor as Deaconess locally. The focus of deaconess is to the elderly women, sick and shut in, home and hospital visitations, support in funnels, altar work, and church ordnances of foot washing, water baptism, and Holy Communion. In general helping the church run effectively and smoothly in operation, ministry, and fellowship in accordance to the vision set forth by our Pastor.
The deaconess is an order exclusively for women in the church. Paul clearly recognizes women, but will not permit women to take authority in teachings. They shall assist deacons in carrying out the ordinances of the church. They are to be serious in the discharge of their duties, “not slanders, sober-minded and faithful in all things.” (I Tim 3:11)
- Assist the deacons in the ordinances of the Holy Communion and Feet Washing
- Assist the Pastor and deacons in hospital and shut-in visitations, especially single and widowed women
- Keep inventory of material necessary for Holy Communion and Feet Washing
- Keep material for the above clean and in adequate supply for each service
- Arrange the table for Communion prior to the “call to worship” by the Minister
- Clear the Communion table after the benediction
- Participate in the serving of Communion as assigned
- Assist the altar services by being prepared to assist in the preservation of modesty as the Spirit moves upon women in the service
- Accompany another deaconess and a deacon in hospital or shut-in visits when assigned
- Assist in the care and fulfillment of other needs of the shut-in such as feeding or personal care when assigned
- Assist in the baptism of women by assuring that there are adequate towels and garments for the candidates
10. Pray for the total effectiveness of the ministry of the church