Imani Hospitality Team
Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.”
1 Corinthians 15:58
The Definition of Hospitality
Hospitality is a willingness to share what God has given us. It is an attitude of stewardship, where we do not own anything because we are merely the caretakers for the real owner, God. He desires that we share His resources and His love, and we comply out of reverence and gratitude to Him.
In relationships, it is honoring the boundaries of others, and sharing all we have without strings attached. In the church, it is to be welcoming, regardless of how we may feel (Matthew 25:34-43; Luke 10:30-37; Romans 12:13: 16:3-16; 1 Timothy 5:10; Hebrews 13:1-3; 1 Peter 4:7-11; 3 John 5-8).
The First thing we all must ask ourselves is this: Is the Character of Hospitality working in me?
We need to ask this before we undertake this ministry. If not, we will not be good at this at all! We will be the noise of 1 Corinthians 13:1, instead of the love of 1 Corinthians 13: 4-8. We have to be willing to take a reflective look at ourselves (Galatians 2:20-21; 6:3-5), and how we come across to others-our personality, disposition, and our attitude. So, when we hand out that cup of coffee, it is handed on a saucer of love and care, not a saucer of obligation or pretentiousness. This is critical. When we allow God to mold our character to the best of our submitted will, and in a growing fashion, we then can better serve God, and then others, with real, authentic passion and conviction.
Membership and Participation
“But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant. And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.”
The Imani Hospitality Ministry operates based solely on volunteers and has a place for all who are interested in sharing their culinary, decorative, gift of helps and talents. The Imani Hospitality Ministry is always looking for men and women who:
(1) have the ability to be flexible;
(2) value cleanliness;
(3) are willing to work together;
(4) are dependable;
(5) those who have the ability, or willingness to learn how to decorate, cook, setup, and clean, and
(6) have a genuine love of hospitality for God and his people!
So, whether you bake muffins or cookies, prepare vegetables, salads or soups, setup tables and chairs, opportunities are available for you to serve during special events, or in support of other unique hospitality requests as a member of The Imani Hospitality Ministry!
If you are interested in volunteering or just have questions, Contact the Imani Church Ministries Division Leader or The Imani Hospitality Ministry President.
"Welcoming People and Connecting People to
the Life of the Church via Hospitality"
The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry is to provide hospitality services to members, visitors, and others requesting approved services when required and requested. The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry will create an inviting atmosphere and an attitude of Christian love and care. Within the role of The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry, we will be able to strengthen the connections and fellowship between congregation members to stimulate both spiritual growth and social interaction through various congregational events for the purpose of building relationships and sharing the love of Jesus Christ!
The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry Objectives and Goals:
- Be a TEAM PLAYER.
- To serve God and his people with excellence!
- Being faithful, flexible, and dependable.
- To adopt and align all decisions with the vision of the Pastor.
- Maintain the excellent order of the Fellowship Hall, Kitchen, and other related areas.
- Seek out donations and relationships from community retailers and businesses.
- Be active in furthering the vision and mission of The Imani Temple Church of God in Christ.
- Exhibit a welcoming attitude to everyone who enters the church and related hospitality events.
- Encourage each member of The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry to make congregants feel loved and welcomed.
- Be creative and innovative regarding new ways to create a more welcoming atmosphere for our congregants during hospitality events.
- Give welcome messages that project warmth, friendliness, and a spirit of joy and excitement
- Demonstrate that we care about people!
- Meet church and other designated needs via the Spirit of Hospitality.
- Be willing to serve, sometimes arriving first and oftentimes the last to leave.
- Share the grace and love of Jesus!
- Oversee all areas of Hospitality for all regular and special church events.
- Plan, supervise, and assist when requested to implement group gatherings (such as New member Socials, Church Picnic and other church functions).
- Help plan, supervise, and implement annual connecting events such as regional events and Season of Life events.
- To glorify God in all we do through food service;
- To establish and fulfill service requirements for the various ministries of the church;
- To provide food and beverages for activities taking place at the church, or other designated location.
- To understand and work responsibly within the financial resources, guidelines, and instructions given to The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry.
- Decorate, setup, serve, cleanup, all areas used by The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry when requested to provide hospitality services during an approved event.
The Imani Temple Hospitality Ministry truly demonstrates Christian service, as written in Colossians 3:23- “Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men.” Each member of The Imani Hospitality Ministry firmly holds to scriptures that provide the foundation for its work. In particular, the following scriptures support all we do:
(1) Matthew 22:39 - “You shall love your neighbor as yourself. "
(2) 1 Peter 5:6 – “Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that he may exalt you in due time.”
(3) Romans 12:13 – “Share with God’s people who are in need. Practice hospitality.”
(4) Romans 15:7 – “Welcome one another, then, just as Christ welcomed you, in order to bring praise to God.”
With such conviction, anyone who enters Imani’s walls can’t help but notice the friendliness and professionalism of members of the Imani Hospitality Ministry as they work and constantly improve their skills by learning from each other and serving with a servant’s heart of joy!
The Imani Hospitality Ministry works diligently to show its caring, compassion and love for God’s people by providing hospitality services to include decorating service areas, provide nutritious and delicious food, fellowship hall setup and break down, cleanup, and all service related to church functions that involve serving food, fellowship and use of the kitchen and dining areas of the church.
The ministry’s high standards are:
- To glorify God in all we do through food service;
- To establish and fulfill hospitality service requirements for the various ministries of the church;
- To provide food and beverage for activities taking place at the church, or other designated location.
- To understand and work responsibly within the Imani Temple guidelines and the financial resources, and parameters provided by the appropriate Imani Temple Division Leader.