The spiritual mature women in the Lord and in His word serve in wisdom & Loving capacity to the church body at large an assignment to teach the younger women.
This board shall consist of women who are willing to commit themselves to diligent and vigilant intercessory prayers for the pastor and the church. For James said, “the effectual, fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.” (James 5:16) They are handpicked by the pastor through the guidance of God and the Holy Ghost to assist the church mother in supporting with their prayers and by their actions the entire Department of Women’s Ministries.
Ephesians 2:10 –
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
A mother's board consists of seasoned, mature, women called church mothers who have typically been longtime members of the congregation. The mother's board of a church is responsible not only to support the vision of pastor, but for also mentoring and assisting younger women within the church, and identifying God ordained activities, events, and support that will promote unity, spiritual renewal, and edification for the congregation of the Imani Temple of Temecula Church of God in Christ.
The mother's board meets regularly to discuss its role within the church and to offer support and encouragement to one another. Meetings usually include prayer and Bible discussion in addition to planning ways to spiritually support the pastor and congregation.
The mother's board offers support to the pastor and his staff. Members of the mother's board may volunteer their time to pray with the pastor and entire congregation. Additionally, the Mother's Board is responsible for:
- Supporting the vision and needs of the pastor and church.
- Praying for the spiritual and physical needs of entire church body.
- Supporting the prayer ministries of the church. (Prayer line, etc.).
- Coordinating under the direction of the Deaconess to visit the sick and shut-in.
- Serving as an advisory unit to the Imani Temple Single’s Ministry
- Coordinating under the direction of the Bereavement Committee to provide comfort to bereaved families.
- Offering support to auxiliaries and division as needs, duties, and responsibilities present themselves.
- Coordinating with appropriate auxiliaries and division leaders for Imani in-reach activities to include: family oriented projects to include care packages, gifts, etc.
- Coordinating with appropriate auxiliaries and division leaders for community out-reach activities to include: nursing and convalescent home visits and special seasonal projects.
- Imparting wisdom, knowledge and prayers to the congregation with a focus on the younger generation.
In addition to offering support and biblical advice, all activities should be designed to focus on the spirituality of Christian Service and supporting the church.
Church mothers mentor any member within the congregation who may be dealing with personal, spiritual or physical problems. Members of the mother's board may meet with a woman within the congregation to pray with her and offer spiritual, biblical advice, for overcoming obstacles.
The Mother’s Board should be continually in prayer, and continually standing in the gap, for the favor of God to be bestowed upon the entire congregation of the Imani Temple of Temecula Church of God in Christ!