Ushers are men & women, boys & girls that have a desire to become door keepers in the house of God. They undergo training and are assigned to services. They also serve as points of contact to guide worshipers to points of interest.
The Usher board is composed of those dedicated to “order” in the House of the Lord.
This ministry is designed to portray the love that Christ has for all mankind through rendering service to visitors and the congregation. Its organization shall consist of president, vice president, secretary, treasurer, and chaplain.
- Provide leadership in the organization of this unit
- Provide leadership in the identification of goals and objectives of this unit
- Provide leadership in the development, implementation and management of the budget of this unit
- Serve as a member of the Church Council
- Teach all workers to work with greeters ministry, specifically in seating guests after greeters have met them at the door
- Also in cooperation with greeters, teach all workers to retrieve visitor information cards and return them to the announcer as quickly as possible during the service; and for late arrivals, retrieve the visitor information cards and return them to the church secretary
- Provide leadership in securing and training other workers in this ministry
- Include in the annual budget any and all district or state dues to be reported
- Pray for the total effectiveness of all ministries with the church