The Ministers’ Wives Circle
The ministers’ wives circle is an organized group of wives of elders and ministers. They teach and learn to have patience, endurance, forbearance and a heart full of love, mercy and understanding for everyone. Additionally, they are helpers, counselors and examples for women church members.
According to the Church of God in Christ Handbook for women (1994) they should be:
- A lover of her husband and the people.
- Versatile in her views of living and able to make major decisions.
- Able to quickly observe a matter discreetly and yet maintain an even balance
- A woman whom the congregation will appreciate in the parsonage for her dignity, courtesy and her love for God
- A source of inspiration and great influence in her husband’s life
- A right spirit and wisdom in dealing with the people and working in the church or she will become discouraged, discourage the pastor and hinder the church program
The Imani Temple of Temecula’s, Elders and Misters Wives Circle should also serve as a support network for the wives of ministers to share ways via workshops, classes, and gatherings, to support, encourage, and share experiences to help them to persevere as the wives of elders and ministers.
Through special programs, talks, and meetings the minister’s wife can benefit from the experience of other ministers’ wives. The minister’s wives should work closely with the Imani Temple of Temecula’s Women’s Department and keep their husbands informed of women’s programs.
The minister’s wife is in a unique position and can often times feel a strong sense of isolation and loneliness. The Imani Temple of Temecula’s, Elders and Misters Wives Circle will organize events and other types of support programs that will support the spirit, soul, and physical needs of the wives of the ministers at the Imani Temple of Temecula Church of God in Christ!